Terms of Service
Last updated on August 5th, 2021.
Agreement to Terms of Service
By using WxSocial (the “Service”), the you (the “user”) are hereby consenting to these Terms of Service. If you do not fully agree to these terms, please immediately discontinue use of the Site. WxSocial reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms at any time and for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to these Terms of Service by updating the “last updated” date. It is the user’s responsibility to review these Terms of Service from time to time. Even if you do not fully read these Terms as is recommended, you are still completely bound by them when using the Service.
By using the Service, you agree that you are at least 13 years of age. If it is determined that an account violates this policy, the email used on registration will be contacted with a printable parental consent form. A legal parent/guardian of the child will be given seven (7) days to sign and return this form via electronic scan. If a response is received within seven days, AND it can be verified a legal parent/guardian of the child 1) gives consent for data collection, and 2) manages the account, the account will not be terminated. However, if no response is received, or WxSocial has reason to believe a legal parent/guardian has not given consent, the account and all data associated with it will be fully erased, as will all email records used to contact the account holder.
Content on the Service
All content and marks on the site belong to WxSocial. This includes the site interface, logos, source code, functionality, databases, graphics, photographs, text, and video found on WxSocial and the domain it is hosted on, wxsocial.app.
The WxSocial trademark belongs to WxSocial. You may not use the WxSocial trademark for any purpose.
We do not assert any ownership over your content. You retain full ownership of all of your content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your content. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your content provided by you in any area on the Site. We may use your content in advertising materials, but only within the original context with full credit given. WxSocial is not responsible if any site member steals/reuploads/reposts/takes credit for any content you post on the platform. Acceptable use of ALL content on the Service includes downloads and/or screenshots for personal, non-commercial use only.
Representation on the Service
By using WxSocial, you agree to the following terms:
(1) all information you submit to the site is true, accurate, current, and complete
(2) you have the legal capacity and agree to comply with these Terms
(3) you are not under the age of 13, or a legal parent/guardian manages the account and has provided written consent for your use of the Service
(4) you are not a minor in your jurisdiction, or you have received permission from a legal parent/guardian
(5) you will not access the site through automated means
(6) you will not use the site for any illegal purposes
(7) you will not violate any law by using this site
If you provide inaccurate or false information to the site, WxSocial has the right to terminate your account with us and prevent further use of the Site.
You are required to sign up in order to access some features on WxSocial. By registering with us, you agree that you are accurately representing yourself, as outlined in the section above. WxSocial reserves the right to remove or edit any user at any time at our sole discretion.
Any content published publicly to WxSocial must follow the WxSocial Rules below. This includes, but is not limited to, profile pictures, cover photos, bios, posts, groups and group posts, and albums.
1) Content which incites, threatens, promotes, or encourages violence, government overthrow, terrorism, self-harm/suicide, or anything else violating United States and international law will be removed immediately, the account in question will be permanently deleted, and, depending on the offense, the user may be reported to law enforcement.
2) Content which harasses, abuses, defames, “doxxes”, or otherwise harms any individual will be removed immediately, the account in question will be permanently deleted, and, depending on the offense, the user may be reported to law enforcement.
3) Content which violates any law meant to protect minors, or potentially harms minors in any way, will be removed immediately, the account in question will be permanently deleted, and, depending on the offense, the user may be reported to law enforcement.
4) Content which includes any offensive, obscene, filthy, violent, graphic, defaming, or slanderous comments or media, including comments connected to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap, will be removed immediately, and, depending on the offense, the account in question may be permanently deleted and/or reported to law enforcement.
5) Any content which is illegal, whether in your jurisdiction, the United States, or internationally, will be removed immediately, and, depending on the offense, the account in question may be permanently deleted and/or reported to law enforcement.
6) Accounts impersonating individuals or organizations will be permanently deleted.
7) Content which violates intellectual property, copyright, and/or trademark will be removed.
8) Spam, whether unintentional or intentional, is not allowed. Content which is determined to be spam will be removed, and accounts in violation of this offense may be deleted in order to protect other users as well as the Site itself.
9) A large majority of content published should relate to weather, meteorology, or the community surrounding it in some way. Accounts which consistently post unrelated content, especially content violating the WxSocial Rules, may be locked, deactivated, or permanently deleted.
10) Content and/or accounts promoting drama may be removed in order to keep WxSocial drama-free. Generally, drama is considered a conflict which has escalated to the point where it begins to violate the WxSocial rules and/or involves a relatively large percentage of the community or activity on the Service. However, what is considered drama is entirely at the sole and absolute discretion of WxSocial.
11) Political content is not allowed on WxSocial. Any content which is determined to be political will be removed at the sole and absolute discretion of WxSocial.
WXSOCIAL HAS THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO EDIT, REDACT, OR OTHERWISE CHANGE ANY POSTED CONTENT AND/OR TO PRESCREEN OR DELETE ANY CONTENT AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON, WITHOUT NOTICE. WXSOCIAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED TO THE SITE.
WxSocial reserves the right to:
(1) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms of Service;
(2) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your content or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) your content; (2) use of the Site; (3) breach of these Terms and Conditions; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.