Terms of Service
These terms were last updated September 22, 2020, and will fully go into effect at 12AM EDT on September 23, 2020. If you no longer consent to these terms, please contact us so we may immediately terminate your account.
Agreement to Terms of Service
By using WxSocial (the “Service”), the you (the “user”) are hereby consenting to these Terms of Service. If you do not fully agree to these terms, please immediately discontinue use of the site. If you have already created an account with us and do not agree to these Terms of Service, please contact us and then discontinue your use of WxSocial. WxSocial reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms at any time and for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to these Terms of Service by updating the “last updated” date, as well as via a post on this site and on our official Twitter account. It is the user’s responsibility to review these Terms of Service from time to time. Even if you do not fully read these Terms as is recommended, you are still completely bound by them when using the Service.
By using the Service, you agree that you are at least 13 years of age. Accounts that are found to be in violation of this requirement will be terminated for the safety of our users, as well as to comply with international law. If you are considered a minor in your jurisdiction (usually under the age of 18), you must have permission from your legal parent or guardian to use the Service.
Content on the Service
All content and marks on the site belong to WxSocial. This includes the site interface, logos, source code, functionality, databases, graphics, photographs, text, and video found on WxSocial and the domain it is hosted on, usaweatherforecast.com.
We do not assert any ownership over your content. You retain full ownership of all of your content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your content. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your content provided by you in any area on the Site. We may use your content in advertising materials, with your permission and with clear, full credit.
However, other users may not use your content, either in posts/albums on WxSocial or another service. If you believe another user has stolen content you have created and published to WxSocial, please contact us. Acceptable use of ALL content on the Service includes downloads and/or screenshots for personal, non-commercial use only.
Representation on the Service
By using WxSocial, you agree to the following terms:
(1) all information you submit to the site, including your email and birthdate, will be/is true, accurate, current, and complete;
(2) you have the legal capacity and agree to comply with these Terms
(3) you are not under the age of 13
(4) you are not a minor in your jurisdiction, or you have received permission from a legal parent/guardian
(5) you will not access the site through automated means
(6) you will not use the site for any illegal purposes
(7) you will not violate any law by using this site
If you provide inaccurate or false information to the site, WxSocial has the right to terminate your account with us and prevent further use of the Site.
You are required to sign up in order to access some features on WxSocial. By registering with us, you agree that you are accurately representing yourself, as outlined in the section above. WxSocial reserves the right to remove or edit any user at any time at our sole discretion.
By posting any content to WxSocial, you agree to this policy. This policy is meant to outline the acceptable use of the posting feature.
WxSocial has the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any posted content; (2) to re-categorize any content to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any content at any time and for any reason, without notice. WxSocial is not responsible for any content posted to the Site.
All posts must also follow the rules outlined below:
(1) You agree that, by posting your content to the Site, it belongs entirely to you or does not fall under any license or copyright or is within the public domain. This means that acceptable content includes content from government organizations (such as NWS/NOAA), websites that specifically allow free occasional reposting of content (such as COD Meteorology), websites that have paid licenses where you have paid to republish their content occasionally or frequently (such as WeatherBell), et cetera, as well as your own content and any content other users have explicitly agreed to let you republish.
(2) You agree that your posted content is neither inaccurate or misleading. Any misleading/inaccurate content will be immediately removed for the safety of our users, and the user will receive a warning.
(3) Spam is NOT allowed. Spamming anything, including hashtags, will result in a permanent deletion from our site.
(4) Obscene, filthy, violent, harassing, defaming, and slanderous posting is completely unacceptable. The content will be removed, the user deactivated, and, depending on the offense, potentially reported to law enforcement.
(5) Other unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to:
- Political content. Any content that is deemed political by WxSocial, including profile pictures, cover photos, bios, usernames, emails, or albums, posts, and photos, can and will be removed by WxSocial at our sole discretion.
- Some obscene/vulgar language. Ultimate decisions on offensive language are at the complete discretion of WxSocial. WxSocial divides this language into three categories, as follows:
- Non-offensive, everyday language that is suitable for all users. This will be allowed on the site.
- Somewhat offensive language that may not be suitable for all users. This language may be edited, if possible, or deleted if necessary.
- Extremely offensive language, particularly language that targets specific groups. This will be removed immediately, with other potential consequences including account deactivation and police involvement, depending on the severity.
- Hateful posting, including (but not limited to) posts that incite violence, government overthrow/revolution, posts that threaten/abuse/harass users, and cyberbully will be removed. Other possible consequences of these posts could result in account deactivation or law enforcement involvement.
- Content that is illegal, whether in your jurisdiction or internationally
- Content that clearly references drugs.
- Content that violates any law meant to protect minors.
- Content that includes any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, or physical handicap.
WxSocial reserves the right to:
(1) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms of Service;
(2) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your content or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING BLOCKING CERTAIN IP ADDRESSES), TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION. WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR USE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SITE OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WARNING, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) your content; (2) use of the Site; (3) breach of these Terms and Conditions; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at: usaweatherforecast.com/contact-us.